What is PACE
The Professional Association of Campus Employees (PACE) was organized in 1983 to represent
the non-teaching employees of Utah Valley University. PACE is sanctioned by the University
President, his administration, and by the Board of Trustees. PACE provides membership
to all full-time and part-time staff (excluding student employees, faculty and executives)
of Utah Valley University. The Professional Association of Campus Employees works
with an administrative liaison, appointed by the University President, who serves
as a non-voting member of the PACE Executive Board.
How Can PACE Help Me?
PACE is here for all full-time and part-time staff (excluding student employees, faculty,
and executives). Our mission is all about helping our members have a better working
environment and atmosphere. PACE’s objectives are:
- Advocate for staff by representing and advancing their interests and recognizing the value
of their contributions.
- Unify the diverse groups of staff across campus toward common goals in alignment with the
- Communicate with administration and staff by providing a forum for the exchange of information.
- Involve staff by encouraging social, service, and professional engagement on campus and in
PACE helps it’s members by providing a unified voice to the administration in all
areas that involve PACE members. Examples of such areas include compensation, benefits,
leave, working conditions, hiring procedures, Summer University, staff grievances,
performance evaluations, UVU policies and procedures, etc. PACE also sponsors programs
and activities to promote employee recognition, professional development, and social
How Can I Get Involved?
PACE is always looking for energetic individuals to help shape the direction of PACE.
An individual can be involved in many different ways.
- Participate in PACE nominations and elections in May/June.
- Many activities and service opportunities are continuously available for involvement. Staff have eight hours each leave year to use for service!
- Four main PACE events are held each year. Attending these events is a fun way to get
out of the office and socialize with other UVU employees, get updates on PACE, and
hear from President Holland.
- Staff Fall Forum(August)
- Holiday Social(December)
- Ice Cream Social(May, following Summer University concluding remarks)
- Annual General Board Meeting(June)
- Summer University offers a chance for staff to engage in personal and/or professional development,
networking, family activities, workshops, and service projects.
- Like something? Don’t like something? Have a suggestion or two? Provide feedback here.
- Nominate colleagues for Wolverine Sighting Awards.
- Talk to your Senators.
- Attend general board meetings.
For more information on how to get involved with PACE go here