Locate and be familiar with the MSDS sheets in your area.
If a Small Spill of Hazardous Materials has occurred and only threatens those in the immediate vicinity...
- Notify University Police by calling 911.
- Close windows and doors.
- Isolate any exposed personnel from contact with other people.
- Obtain and give as much information to University Police and arriving emergency crews.
Example: Material Safety Data Sheets if available
Name of Chemical
Who has been exposed
Length of Exposure
Size of Spill
If a Large Spill of Hazardous Materials has occurred and/or threatens more than one room...
- Activate the fire alarm by pulling the nearest pull station.
- Evacuate the building.
- Call University Police by dialing 911 from another location and report the incident.
- Have available as much information as possible concerning the material spilled.
- Isolate any exposed persons and keep them in one location.
DO NOT RE-ENTER THE AREA UNTIL DIRECTED TO BY AUTHORIZED PERSONNE