Standards and Exceptions
- Lenovo and Apple are the suppliers of laptop and desktop computers at UVU. Computers
approved for purchase will include “basic” and “performance” desktop computers as
well as "light weight performance", "mid-sized basic" and “full-sized performance”
laptops from each vendor.
- These standard configurations are purchased in volume saving the institution money while
at the same time providing options that address the computing needs of faculty, staff,
and computer labs.
- It is understood that occasionally there needs to be exceptions to established standards.
Standards exceptions and changes can be granted by completing the Technology Standards
Exceptions/Change Form and obtaining the required approvals.
- Exceptions to these standards will most likely be considered if it is:
- Exceptions will most likely not be considered if based on price, personal preference,
or style considerations.
If you have any questions about these procedures, please contact the Computer Shop.